Sunday 3 March 2013

Academic culture in the UK

(Portfolio 2013)



Academic culture in the UK

When I arrived the first day at the University of Glamorgan, it was mid-September and it was enjoyable to start the first day in the academic culture. Moreover, I was excited to be part of the academic culture and it was challenging for me to pass the course and start the New Year. However, it was difficult in the beginning but then I felt more comfortable as time went by. The sock was to me to write long essays, but with practice I found it interesting to work on it. Also, the language was difficult for the international students because their language extremely different and their writing litters are different. University of East Anglia (2012) "As a student from a country with many similarities to England, including having English as the first language, you may think that the academic systems are also very similar”. Moreover, the presentations were difficult for me because before I started in this academic culture I had never done it.







Bibliography

 

Portfolio (2013) University of Glamorgan. Available at: http://www.morgan-signs.co.uk/portfolio/university-of-glamorgan (Accessed: 3 March 2013).





University of East Anglia (2012) Academic Culture Shock. Available at: http://www.uea.ac.uk/services/students/let/let_international/academicshock (Accessed: 3 March 2013).

 





No comments:

Post a Comment